Nomi S. Burstein
(Last updated 25 June 2014: Updated Brookline Parent
Hardhat Area--Web page under construction. Watch for falling
For years, this website described me as "Linguist and stuff."
That's not wholly wrong, but it's out of date. Here's much more
- I was born in Boston, MA, and grew up in Burlington, MA, a small
town northwest of Boston.
- I grew up in Orthodox Jewish dayschools, the first of which
was Montefiore Hebrew
Dayschool, which changed its name to Merrimack Valley Hebrew
Academy while I was a student there. I transferred to Maimonides School in
Brookline, MA, when I was in fourth grade.
- Between high school and college, I spent a year in Israel with
Young Judaea's Year
- I graduated from Boston
University in 1994 with a degree in linguistics. While
there, I was active in the BU
- The strangest Web-related experience I've had so far was when
someone told me that they recognized me in a crowd from the
pictures here on my page, so click here to see our
photo album [4 images in GIF format].
- I collect neologisms. Here are
some of the ones I've collected or created over the past few
- I seem to have a compendium of random movie and TV quotes
stored in my brain. Click here to read
some of my favorites.
Stuff I'm Doing Now:
- I am Senior Technical Writer at SilverSky.
- I am a freelance editor. Click here to e-mail me
about services and rates.
- From October 2010 through January 2013, my husband Michael and I wrote a column
for Brookline Patch
Brookline Parent. In April 2014, we revived it, and we are
Brookline Parent by ourselves now.
- I run a service called "Ask Nomi." Click here to ask me a question.
Stuff I Used to Do:
Stuff I Want to Do:
I hope to someday explore lexicography and get an opportunity to
And now, a public service
is a planet. Please make a note of it.
Meet My Friends:
Some of My Favorite Recipes: