Nomi S. Burstein
(Last updated 26 February 2013: Updated job info and other
Hardhat Area--Web page under construction. Watch for falling
For years, this website described me as "Linguist and stuff."
not wholly wrong, but it's out of date. Here's much more
- I was born in Boston, MA, and grew up in Burlington, MA, a
small town northwest of Boston.
- I grew up in Orthodox Jewish dayschools, the first of which
was Montefiore Hebrew
which changed its name to Merrimack Valley Hebrew Academy while
I was a
student there. I transferred to Maimonides
School in Brookline, MA, when I was in fourth grade.
- Between high school and college, I spent a year in Israel with
Young Judaea's Year
- I graduated from Boston
with a degree in linguistics.
was active in the BU Hillel.
- The strangest Web-related experience I've had so far was when
someone told me that they recognized me in a crowd from the
here on my page, so click here
to see our photo album [4 images in GIF format].
- I collect neologisms. Here are
of the ones I've collected or created over the past few
- I seem to have a compendium of random movie and TV quotes
my brain. Click here
to read some of my favorites.
Stuff I'm Doing Now:
- I am Senior Technical Writer at SilverSky.
- I am a freelance editor. Click here to e-mail me
services and rates.
- I run a service called "Ask Nomi." Click here to ask me a question.
Stuff I Used to Do:
Stuff I Want to Do:
I hope to someday explore lexicography and get an opportunity to
And now, a public service
is a planet.
a note of it.
Meet My Friends:
Some of My Favorite Recipes: